|Job Description : |
Join our team and become a key member of our vibrant maker community! Spend your days connecting with fellow makers: help customers discover new yarns, master a skill (or two), swap color/pattern ideas with like minded individuals, and thrive in our creative sanctuary.
Come join the Coastal Yarns family!
As a flourishing small business, each of our team members is a critical part of our family and community. We strive to create a safe, welcoming environment to work and shop. We are looking for new energy, perspectives and creativity.
What’s in it for you?
• Be the first to touch, feel and explore new products
• Learn the retail ropes, including operations, relationship building and using an online point-of-sale platform
• Employee discount
• Knitting and/or Crochet experience
• Retail experience, preferably in a related industry
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Flexibility to work weekends as needed
• Able to stand for up to 6 hours and able to lift and carry 15-25 lbs.
Optional (but we are willing to teach):
• Knowledge of yarn, fiber properties, gauge and pattern reading
• Knowledge of Ravelry
• Crochet and felting experience
This is a position that requires up to 20 hours per week
Send a resume and a few photos of your knits or crochet to: firstname.lastname@example.org.